STOP AND THINK
- Requests to move money: A genuine bank or organisation will never contact you asking for your PIN, full password or to move money to a safe account. Don’t give out personal or financial details.
- Clicking on links/files: Don’t be tricked into giving a fraudster access to your personal or financial details. Never automatically click on a link in an unexpected email or text.
- Personal information: Always question uninvited approaches and never give out personal or financial details, in case it’s a scam. Instead, contact the company directly using a known email or phone number.
TOO SMART TO BE SCAMMED?
Think again. Most people think they wouldn’t fall for a fraudulent text or email, but criminals are more sophisticated than ever. Take our test to see if you can find the fraud and know when it’s time to say ‘My money? My info? I don’t think so’.
WATCH OUT FOR SCAMS LIKE THIS
A genuine bank or organisation will never contact you asking for your PIN, full password or to move money to a safe account. Don’t give out personal or financial details.
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN or full banking password
- Don’t assume an email, text or phone call is authentic
- Don’t be rushed – a genuine organisation won’t mind waiting
- Listen to your instincts – you know if something doesn’t feel right
- Stay in control – don’t panic and make a decision you’ll regret