Who FFA UK is
As a constituent part of UK Finance, Financial Fraud Action UK is responsible for leading the collective fight against financial fraud on behalf of the UK payments industry. Our membership includes banks, credit, debit and charge card issuers, and card payment acquirers in the UK.
We provide a forum for members to work together on non-competitive issues relating to financial fraud. Our primary function is to facilitate collaborative activity between industry participants and with other partners committed to fighting fraud.
What FFA UK does
- Sponsor the Dedicated Card and Payments Crime Unit, a unique pro-active operational police unit, with a national remit, formed as a partnership between FFA UK, the City of London Police and the Metropolitan Police.
- Manage the Industry Strategic Threat Management Process, which provides an up-to-the-minute picture of the threat landscape.
- Deliver UK-wide awareness campaigns to inform customers about threats and how to stay safe.
- Manage intelligence-sharing through the industry fraud intelligence hub (Financial Fraud Bureau) and the Fraud Intelligence Sharing System (FISS) which feeds intelligence to police and other agencies in support of law enforcement activity.
- Inform commentators and policy-makers through a press office and public affairs function.
- Provide expert security assessments of new technology, as well as the impact of new legislation and regulation.
- Publish the official fraud losses for the UK payments industry, as well as acting as the definitive source of industry fraud statistics and data.